SmartAisle™ Containment Customized
Data centers are often the result of a structure that has evolved over years. The racks differ and are not always aligned in a single line. Emerson Network Power offers this solution on the basis of a profile section construction design that can be manufactured to fit each individual data center.
- Customized fitting for racks and rack positioning
- Suitable for refitting inhomogeneous data centers
- Used in combination with the SmartAisle™ standard series
The benefits of a containment over a conventional structure are:
- No hot spots (warm air recirculation from the warm aisle into the cold aisle; across the roof and across the front panels or through the rack)
- Minimum possible energy costs for the CRAC units (especially with intelligent Knürr regulation)
- Several servers can be installed
- Raised floor doesn’t have to be balanced out (which is difficult and would have to be done after every change in a conventional DC)
- Any server positioning in the rack (with conventional DCs positioning above in the rack and at the front of the aisle are prevented)
- Higher safety with increased CRAC unit redundancy (energy efficient 2n redundancy instead of n+1)
- Safer with CRAC unit failure (longer bridging time).